Activities & Services
Traveling is inspiring. It can also be nourishing. Refreshing. When you're on a small ship cruise adventure, connecting with your environment - on board or off - happens naturally. From morning yoga stretches to the Captain's Farewell Dinner, each activity is carefully crafted with every aspect in mind.
- EZ Dock launch platform
- Underwater bow-mounted camera
- On-deck hot tub, sauna, and fitness equipment
- Flat-screen TV/DVD in the main lounge
- DVD and book library
Gratuities are a personal matter and are entirely at the discretion of the traveler. Gratuities are shared equally by all crew members. Payment for gratuities can be made with cash, checks, travelers checks, and credit cards. Recommended amounts are available on request. Massage gratuity is not customary on the vessels and when received it is included in the tip pool.
- Public Spaces Each vessel has its own unique personality, but all share a universal goal and with you in mind - to relax and be comfortable. Designed to bring the outside in, they come alive with art and artifacts from the places you'll travel. And the open bridge policy welcomes you to visit and discuss navigation with the captain.
Public spaces aboard include an inviting dining room, main lounge or salon (with a varied collection of board games, books, and DVDs), and observation decks ideal for close-up wildlife viewing and relaxing under the stars. You may also find a hot tub, massage room, and sauna; and most of the vessels are equipped with an underwater hydrophone, a kayak launch platform or swim step (making access to the water easy), as well as cameras that connect to the TVs, bringing life in the water directly inside the boat.
- Educational/Enrichment Programs In addition to getting extraordinarily close to nature and wildlife, Un-Cruise Adventures provides opportunities to learn along the way. They engage experts and historians to interpret, narrate, or bring history to life.
- Wellness Program Onboard amenities allow you to escape through morning yoga stretches, relaxing in the on-deck hot tub, laps around the deck, enjoying a workout on the fitness equipment, or being pampered by the wellness instructor/massage therapist. Nature’s splendor takes care of the rest. And at the end of your cruise, the onboard team will send you off with a renewed sense of beauty and spirit.
- All Beverages Included In Cruise Fare Un-Cruise Adventures' approach to wetting-your-whistle is as uncharacteristic as their vessels. Fine spirits, wines, and microbrews are served aboard all of their vessels, with many even featuring sustainable cask wines on tap. A rotating list of wine and microbrew selections will vary depending on your destination. On many itineraries, wine, beer, and spirits are included in your fare.
- Meals Onboard All onboard meals ensure innovative, healthful dining experiences and the executive chefs aboard use ingredients that reflect the flavors of your destination.
Mornings feature an early-riser breakfast of fresh fruit, baked-on-board pastries and breads, and a full breakfast complete with specialty items. Lunches range from pasta salads and sandwiches, to homemade soups and ethnic dishes. Dinners offer a choice of entrées that include fresh seafood and meats. Vegetarian dishes are available and special dietary needs can be met with advance notice. Hors d'oeuvres are offered during the cocktail hour, and desserts are varied and plentiful.
Unless there's a barbecue on deck or some other special event, most meals are served over several courses - with particular attention to your personal preferences. Dining onboard is casual and seating is open so you are free to join new friends and choose a different table at every meal. And if you are celebrating a birthday, anniversary, or other milestone occasion, let Un-Cruise Adventures know before you board and the expert pastry chef will make it memorable by whipping up a surprise treat.
Meals are casual and feature open seating. There is no need to dress up at any time; simply wear what's comfortable, even for the Captain's Farewell Dinner.