Activities & Services
You'll find that time aboard is relaxing and enlightening - the perfect peaceful respite between activities of hiking in search of rare wildlife, kayaking, and exploring the river.
The ship’s top deck is open to the river views - a natural gathering place for the expedition community. Tropical blooms radiate spot color throughout the ship. Rattan sofas expand the possibilities for relaxing lazy-river style or curling up with a book while waiting for the glorious Amazon sunset. Silken hardwood floors stretch across the ship, and open spaces invite the river’s cooling breeze to flow throughout.
Public spaces perfectly suited to expedition travel
- Lounge: The open-air, top deck lounge is the heart of the expedition community. It is where you'll attend evening Recaps and presentations from staff. Coffee, snacks, and juice are put out before breakfast for early risers.
- Bar: The bar is open from lunch until after dinner. Liquors, soft drinks, and fresh, tropical juices are available. The bar is located on the top deck in the lounge.
- Library: There is a small library located toward the front of the lounge.
- Bridge: The ship is operated with an open bridge policy, and you are welcome to visit the bridge to watch the calm art of navigation unfold.
All gratuities ashore are included in your expedition cost. Gratuities to crew aboard ship are at your own discretion. If you wish to leave a gratuity, the recommended tipping guideline is $180 per guest per week aboard the ship. The gratuities will be divided among the naturalist guides and crew members on board.
- Bath Amenities/Toiletries
- Hair Dryer
- Private Bathrooms
- Spacious Closet(s)
- Internet Access Due to the remoteness of the Amazon, there is no Internet service.
- Educational/Enrichment Programs
- Laundry Service (nominal fee) Laundry is available at an additional charge. There is no dry cleaning.
- Massage Service Though there is not a spa, on the top deck there is a secluded area where you can have a relaxing massage with a licensed therapist and your choice of aromatherapy oils.
- All Non-Alcoholic Beverages Included In Cruise Fare
- Dining Style: Open Seating The gracious dining room, located aft on the upper deck, offers open seating for meals with unassigned tables.
- Single Seating Meals All guests are served in a single seating. Meal hours are posted aboard.