"World's Leading Large Ship Specialist"
Tom Baker, President — CruiseCenter
Quark Expeditions is profoundly committed to environmentally responsible tourism.
As a long-time, active member of both the International Association of Antarctica Tour Operators (IAATO), and the Association of Arctic Expedition Cruise Operators (AECO), Quark adheres to stringent guidelines designed to ensure the Polar Regions remain pristine for generations to come.
• Quark was the first operator to offer inclusive CarbonNeutral® voyages on the Ocean Diamond
• Quark’s flights on the Antarctic Express Fly-Cruise program are carbon offset and help the conservation of 38,000 hectares of native forest in the Magallanes region of Chile
• All Quark team air travel is carbon offset
• Quark vessels burn Marine Gas Oil (MGO) – a clean burning fuel with a low emission factor
• Quark conforms to all international regulations/policies governing disposal of waste at sea
• Only sustainable seafood is served
• Quark only uses eco-friendly laundry chemicals & cabin amenities
• Passengers are provided with a reusable water bottle
• Paper use is limited, and only have recycled, acid-free paper onboard
• Quark brochures are manufactured on recycled paper with acid free inks
4801 Woodway Suite 145-West Houston, TX 77056
Monday - Friday: 9:00 am - 6:00pm (CST)
CruiseCenter recommends optional travel insurance that protects you in the event of having to cancel your trip avoiding travel vendor cancellation policies and more! Click here!