"World's Leading Large Ship Specialist"
Tom Baker, President — CruiseCenter
In addition to the ice-worthiness of our ships, seasoned captains, expedition teams and crew, Quark’s safety standards, training and equipment protocols are of utmost importance and in many cases set the standard for the industry:
• Quark is the only expedition cruise company awarded British Standard BS 8848, externally recognizing and accrediting Quark’s health & safety management system
• Under BS 8848 Quark’s safety management system is independently verified annually • We have one of the highest staff to passenger ratios 1:9.5
• Every ship has two doctors onboard, one of whom is directly hired by Quark for their international, wilderness and expedition medical experience
• Our Expedition staff members are certified in CPR & life-saving skills
• All Expedition staff have passed the IAATO Field Staff Assessment and participate in Quark’s unique internal training and accreditation scheme
• Quark’s comprehensive Incident Management Plan is tested regularly
• Our lifeboat and life-raft capacity exceeds SOLAS requirements such that there is always at least 25% additional capacity than the number of people onboard
• Quark Expeditions does not use vessels with open lifeboats
• Also exceeding SOLAS requirements is Quark’s policy of providing immersion suits for all passengers
4801 Woodway Suite 145-West Houston, TX 77056
Monday - Friday: 9:00 am - 6:00pm (CST)
CruiseCenter recommends optional travel insurance that protects you in the event of having to cancel your trip avoiding travel vendor cancellation policies and more! Click here!